Have you ever felt like you're your own worst enemy when it comes to achieving your health and fitness goals? Especially as we age, we experience more moments of frustration and self-sabotage that hinder progress.
You’re not alone in this journey!
Let’s break free from the self-sabotage cycle and take charge of your wellbeing.
Try practicing the five R’s”!
1. RECOGNIZE when it's happening: We all have patterns that contribute to self-sabotage. Take a moment to reflect and identify those patterns in your life. Are there specific times when self-sabotage is more likely to occur? Recognizing these triggers will empower you to address them effectively. Think of it as conducting a study on yourself and gathering valuable evidence.
2. Get to the ROOT CAUSE: Understanding why self-sabotage happens is crucial. The root cause may vary for each individual and may evolve over time. Possible factors include fear of failure, self-doubt, boredom, self-esteem issues, or even loneliness. By uncovering the underlying reasons, you gain powerful insights to overcome them in the future.
3. RESET your goals into small, achievable benchmarks: Breaking your goals into manageable steps is key to breaking the self-sabotage cycle. Start by setting realistic, achievable benchmarks that you know you can reach. This approach not only helps you overcome self-sabotage but also builds your confidence and motivation along the way. For example, aim to exercise for 10-15 minutes before work, include a serving of vegetables with every meal, or choose reading over watching TV before bed.
4. REACH OUT for support: Having an accountability partner or coach can make a significant difference in your journey. They can help you establish goals that set you up for success, instead of overwhelming you with unrealistic expectations. An accountability partner will provide guidance, support, and motivation, helping you gain real traction towards your goals.
5. REMEMBER that setbacks are opportunities to learn Perfection is not the goal here. Embrace setbacks as learning experiences that allow you to refine your approach. Focus on progress, not perfection. Each setback brings valuable insights about what works for you and what doesn't. Use this knowledge to adjust your strategies and move closer to your goals.
Focus on progress, not perfection!
Struggling to be “perfect” won’t help you move closer to your goals – in fact, it can move you farther away from them.
Let’s put an end to self-sabotage and unlock your full potential! Book your appointment now and take a step towards a healthier, happier you!
The ShiftSetGo Team