We hear so much about high blood sugar, insulin resistance, diabetes, etc. that it can be tempting to tune it out.
Here are some stats that made me sit up and pay more attention:
● 96 million adults over the age of 18 in the US have prediabetes (38% of the population!)
● 48% of people over 65 have prediabetes
● 37.3 million people have diabetes (11% of the US population) – 8.5 million of them undiagnosed
Woah, right? This is something we ALL need to pay attention to because it plays a huge role in your health over the long term.
Let’s take a quick look at the domino effect of how blood sugar issues can occur:
Over time, your blood sugar levels start to creep up. This can be because of obesity, inactivity, a high-carb diet, medications, genetics, or even getting older – the list is long!
Your body pumps out insulin to remove the blood sugar. This is a good thing… at least at first. But over time, too much insulin can make your body resistant to it. This leaves excess blood sugar in your bloodstream. (This is when you might notice a buildup of extra belly fat.)
Chronic high blood sugar can lead to a long list of serious health conditions like obesity, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and more.
But you have a powerful ally to help fight off this sugar invasion…the ShiftSetGo program!
Here’s how it helps:
● ShiftSetGo is specifically designed to help your insulin levels stay low, giving your pancreas a break.
● While the pancreas is resting and you are burning fat, your body is slowly repairing and preparing for maintenance to use the proper amount of insulin at a meal.
● This helps your cells become more receptive to insulin, helping to keep your blood sugar levels in balance.
● Being at a healthy weight can help prevent insulin resistance.
If you're struggling to get your blood sugar under control and would love the help of a coach, Ideally You is here to help!
Whether it’s day one or day one again, we are here for you!
Click below to book a Free Consult or book your Restart Appointment.
Your ShiftSetGo coach is ready and waiting for you!